Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Farm Toy Set

Katelynn received this farm toy set from our cousin Danae. I have to tell you a story about this. This is what happened earlier in the day before my Dad and Mom brought the present over to Katelynn: I was putting away our manger scene and Katelynn wanted to hold the lamb, so I let her hold the lamb while I wrapped up the other figurines in bubble wrap and paper towels. I took the lamb from her, wrapped it and put it on top in the box of figurines. I taped that box with box tape - two or three strips. I put that box inside of the manger and put the manger and the figurine box into the box they came in for storage. Next I taped that box with big box tape in about 4 places. I set the box by the door in the family room and went about doing other things. Later I was in the computer room for a while working on the computer. Katelynn comes into the room with a big smile on her face, holding her hands behind her back. I ask "what do you have behind your back?" She then shows me the little lamb from the manger scene cupped in her hands. She had un-taped the manger box, taken the manger with the box of figurines out, then un-taped the figurine box and unwrapped several of the figurines until she found the lamb. Just a few minutes later my Dad and Mom come over delivering the present. And there is a little lamb in the farm set. Perfect timing! She loves her present! Thanks Danae!



Ohhh - here's a little lamby pie all for you:


She plays with this every day.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What great timing, indeed!!! So cute! :-)