Friday, October 10, 2008

The Last Political Post

Well, it's been fun adding these political posts to this blog. However, I am finished talking politics on our family blog. I apologize if anyone was offended. My intention was not to create a rift within the family or the friendships we have with you. My hope was to provide an additional view point regarding a particular candidate. I hope you will all feel comfortable visiting our blog in the future. Talking to people on both side of the political isle can be kind of like talking to an Idaho Vandal fan about how good the Boise State Broncos are in football; it can get very ugly (as many of you can attest!). In closing this political post, I do have one request though, and that is you pray about each candidate, and follow the direction provided by the Spirit. There are many people who say that we should leave religion out of political decisions (this is not in reference to just one individual's statement) – However, this could not be further from the truth. We should not let our pride get in the way of getting on our knees and praying for inspiration and guidance in the decisions we make, whether it is about voting or whether it is about other things which impact our lives. May the Lord bless each of you. We love you and hope the best for each of your family's and pray for the best for our beloved Country.

Sincerely,

Chris

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're absolutely right that we need all the guidance we can get! :-) With things how they are right now, every decision counts; and I think that how we make the decision - the thought and effort we put in - is as important as the end decision itself, in our individual lives.

And I (think I) know lots of families (and I KNOW I know lots of friends) with political divides, LOL - as long as we all remember we love each other and aren't casting personal judgment, I figure we're all good. :-) Even within a relatively "one-party" family, there are LOTS of opinions, LOL ;-).

Also, you could always do what I did, and set up another, purely news/issues-oriented, blog. If I didn't have some sort of outlet, my head would explode! :-)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, too - standing up for what we believe is only going to get more important from here! :-)

Jill and Scott said...

I still am not sure who I am voting for, but I think a previous comment I made may have been misunderstood. My point was only to say that no matter who I vote for it won't be because I "put my religion aside." My religion is very important to me. I will be sure to pray about this matter as I do with all important decisions. At the risk of sticking my foot in my mouth again, (though it may be too late) I will leave it at that.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I thought it was all pretty funny. I am going to send you this cool e-mail this video that the Catholic church put out. It makes a great point about praying for our decisions. They don't even say who to vote for. I think you will like it.