Sunday, August 23, 2009

Little surprises

Friday evening I was folding laundry and came across one of Katie's socks that felt a bit lumpy. I set it aside and soon found the matching sock, which was also lumpy. I set that aside too. Later Chris and I emptied out the socks to find almonds and hair accessories. We got a good chuckle from this. It's so funny that all those items stayed inside her socks through both the wash and dry cycles. The almonds look polished and shiny... and a bit chipped. Life is never boring with Katie around.

3 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

Ha ha, that's funny. At least you haven't had any diapers go through the wash yet or wait, have you? LOL

Heather said...

I always hope to get "paid" in the wash, but the kids don't have access to money, and Shawn is too good to take it out of his pockets when he is putting his pants in the wash. Some day, I'll have have teenagers and hopefully they will pay me:)

I can't believe the almonds didn't fall out. Unbelieveable.

Unknown said...

It really is funny how socks go through the laundry - and what comes out vs. what stays in, LOL!!! If there's ever some additive invented that will take the lint out of pockets, I'm SO in...