Sunday, March 7, 2010

My birthday and fun pics of Katie

I had a great birthday! We went to the temple and out to dinner at Applebee's restaurant. Thanks dad and mom for coming with us. I had a yummy pasta dish and Chris had a hamburger. And we all shared my birthday dessert which was a really big chocolate chip cookie with ice cream, chocolate syrup and whip cream on top. MMMM! I got some Celtic Woman CD's from Chris; and from dad and mom I got a journal, notepad, bath soap and lotion. And best of all - Chris surprised me with a new wedding ring! I lost mine last summer when we went on vacation. I love my new ring! And I love that Chris picked it out and surprised me with it. (He actually gave me the ring last week so we could get it sized and ready to wear before my birthday).


Katie has become quite the artist. She is always coloring and drawing pictures. This time she decided to try out a little drawing on herself. Chris and I started laughing and had to get a picture. (With a reminder not to draw on herself again please). Luckily it came off pretty easily with some diaper wipes.


We've been getting cabin fever. Here's a picture from last month. We took Katie to the park for about a half hour. It was so nice to get out.


This picture was taken in January. We send Katie to her room occasionally for some quiet time (hopefully take a nap time). Most of the time she just plays. She pulled all of the towels and sheets off the bottom shelf. And here is where we found her fast asleep:

Other news: Chris is enjoying his new job. We are thankful to both have jobs and hope that Chris will be able to find a permanent job by the time this one ends. Things are going very well with me watching 2 kids now and doing preschool with the older sibling and Katie. They love it! And Katie loves having a girl just her age to play with every week day. They have a lot of fun together. And I am really enjoying teaching them preschool.

2 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

I love the new ring Tamara! What a great birthday present! And I love the pictures of Katie. So cute to find them in odd places like that. Glad you had a great birthday.

Vernie and Tony said...

It was so nice to go to the Temple with you two and out to dinner. Fun to visit with you and Katie last Sunday too. She's such a character!