Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First day of school

Katie started Kindergarten this year at the end of August. She was really excited but also nervous. She got a Tinkerbell backpack, lunchbox, and folders, plus all the usual crayons, scissors, glue, etc. Chris and I went with her on her first day for orientation. We met her teacher and saw her classroom. We went early so she could have breakfast. She was able to sit by her cousin Alex during breakfast time. Chris left after orientation to go to work, and I asked Katie if she wanted me to stay. She said she was fine, but I stayed (for me) until after lunch time. I left her playing on the playground. She was having fun playing with a girl we know from church who is in the other kindergarten class. I must say it was really hard for me to walk away and I was a bit teary eyed on the way home. This was a bit step for both of us. She had a lot of fun on her first day. On her second day she had fun too but she was a bit teary eyed when I picked her up. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she missed me. She has gotten used to going to school now and really enjoys it. She loves her teacher and her favorite thing to do at school is to paint.
Here's a picture of her on her first day:


2 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

She's growing up fast! It's scary and exciting for child and parent when they start going to school. Glad she is enjoying school!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!!!