Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our River Raft Adventure








Earlier this month we floated the North Fork of the Payette River with a large group from Chris' work. It was a blast! Much of the river is a nice calm ride. But there were some nice big rapids here and there. We stopped and had lunch about half-way through. Lots of fun! Our raft had 4 guests and 1 guide. We saw a deer and a bald eagle along the way. The rapids were great fun and there were times on the river where you could get out and swim along side the raft. Check out our pics. The river company takes pictures of all the rafts along the way and you can buy them if you want. Chris' work bought a CD of all the pics so we could all have them. Here are our pics, if you double click on a picture you can see it big. Then just hit back to go back to the blog page.

9 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

I didn't know you gys did this....it looks terrifying!

Unknown said...

Looks like a total rush!!! (Or would that be a "total rapid"? ;-) Glad you had such fun!!!

Curtis and Deedra said...

Curtis wants to take me rafting after he did it with work but I'm too chicken. Well, if Tamara can do it then maybe I can too. It looks scary and fun.

Heather said...

WOW! Shawn has talked about doing this since before we got married...and I just thing that I would barf my guts out. Looks like you had fun though. I won't let Shawn see this as he will never let me live down that Tamara did it and I won't;-)

ChrisandTamara said...

I was scared to do it too. But it wasn't that bad. Most of the ride was calm and slow. When we went through the rapids our guide always had us paddle straight into the rapids so that the boat would stay going straight ahead and not get tipped over on it's side. And I would tuck my feet under the middle barriers so that I wouldn't fall out of the raft. They give you pretty good instructions on how to be safe. But the thing that really scared me to go was that we had so sign a waiver of liability in case of injury, paralysis or death. That freaked me out. But I'm sure those cases are rare - I didn't think to ask. The ride really wasn't that bad and we went on the less "savage" part of the river too. I would do it again in a heartbeat - I loved it!

ChrisandTamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill and Scott said...

I'm so jealous! It looks like a blast! Maybe someday I'll be able to go rafting. Until then, I'll just have to float the Boise River to get my rush.

liv said...

wow, i'm impressed that you guys did this, way to be adventurous!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I have tagged you!